The condition of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who was admitted to AIIMS for nearly two months, has remained critical. According to the latest Bulletin of AIIMS, his health has not improved. On the other hand, the fear of unhappiness is that the leaders of the panic continue to reach AIIMS. The Chief Minister of NDM is also going to Delhi by canceling his predetermined schedule. The stir in the BJP office has also increased. Media reports claim that security of the residence of former PM Vajpayee has been increased. Let us know few things about Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee is Multi-talented politician .Atal Bihari Vajpayee has been active in Indian politics for the past 50 years. In his political journey, Vajpayee was the most idealistic and praiseworthy politician. Being a leader like Atal ji is a matter of pride for the entire country. Due to many of his works, the country is on this stage today. After Jawaharlal Nehru, if someone has become the Prime Minister three times, then he is Atal ji. Atal ji has been active in the Parliament for the last 5 decades; he is also a united politician who was elected MP from 4 different states. Atal is the master of the versatility, he is also a very good poet, who has been fascinated by his poem and satire on politics, many of his works have also been published, which still people read
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Political Life
Atal ji’s political journey started as a freedom fighter. During the Quit India Movement in 1942, he participated with other leaders and went to jail, during this time he met Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, leader of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh. Atal ji learned the scope of politics with Mukherjee ji. Mukherjeeji’s health started getting worse and soon he died, after that Atal ji took over the responsibility of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh and expanded it in the entire country. In 1993, Atal Ji became the Leader of Opposition in the Parliament. At the BJP conference held in Mumbai in November 1995, Atal ji was declared BJP’s Prime Minister Candidate.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Prime Minister Journey
- In 1996 elections, BJP was the single largest political party. BJP won in May 1996 and Atal ji was elected to the post of prime minister. But BJP did not get support from other parties, due to which the BJP government fell, and in just 13 days, Atal ji had to resign from the post.
- Between 1996 and 1998, there were 2 other governments, but they also fell by not getting support. After this, the BJP formed the National Domestic Party (NDA) in collaboration with the other parties. BJP came to power again, but this time their government was 13 months old, the Anna Munnetra Party had withdrawn its support.
- India’s victory in Kargil in 1999, India’s victory in Pakistan’s war made Atal Ji’s government even stronger. With this victory, people started seeing him as a good future leader.
- After this election, BJP again strengthened the NDA and stood for election. The Indians were greatly impressed by the victory of Kargil, and all of them conquered BJP again, after which Atal Bihari Vajpayee sat for the third time in the prime minister’s chair.
- Bajpayee Government has completed these 5 years, and became the first non-Congress party. With the support of all the parties, Atal ji decided that they will move the private sector forward to improve the economic system of the country. The main plans of Atal ji were National Highway Development Project and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna.
- Atal Ji promoted investment abroad and made people aware of the IT sector. In 2000, US President Bill Clinton came to India; the visit had great effect in the progress and relationship of the two countries.
- In 2001, Atal ji sent an invitation to Pakistan’s Rastrapati Parvez Musharraf to come to India. They wanted to improve the relations of Indo-Pak, the people in Agra remember the talk till date. After this, bus started for Lahore, in which Atal ji himself traveled. But his mission was not successful, Atal ji’s foreign policy did not make much change, but this is very much appreciated by the public.
- In 2001, Atal ji also started Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
- For economic reform, Atal ji started many schemes, after which 6-7% growth was recorded. At the same time, the name of India came to be known all over the world.
- With the victory of Congress in 2004, Atal ji resigned from the post of Prime Minister.
In 2005, Atal ji declared the matter of retirement from politics. After this, he did not take part in the 2009 election.
- Just one month after coming to power, Atal ji and her government got successful tests of 5 Underground Nuclear in Pokhran, Rajasthan in May 1998. The test was completely successful, which was discussed in foreign countries too. Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji proclaimed India as a nuclear power-rich country.
- The National Highway Development Project (PMDP) and Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) started by Atal ji were very close to their heart, they used to see it work itself. Through the NHDP, he has been involved in connecting the four main cities of the country – Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. Through the PMGSY, India got good roads, which also connect small villages to the city.
- On February 19, 1999, initiatives to improve good relations with Pakistan started the service of bus from Delhi to Lahore in the name of Sada-e-Sarhad.
- Resolved the Knavery water dispute, which was more than 100 years old.
- Developed all the airports and national highways in the country; Take steps like strengthening the infrastructure of infrastructure by introducing Konkan Railway and New Telecom Policy.
- He also started the insurance scheme due to which rural employment generation and people of Indian origin (NRI) settled abroad were greatly benefited.
The decisions taken by Atal ji during the Kargil war and terrorist attacks, his leadership and diplomacy had influenced everyone so that his image emerged in front of everyone.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Awards & Achievements
- In 1992, due to his good work for the country, Atal ji was honored with Padma Vibhushan.
- He got the Best Parliamentarian Award in 1994.
- In 2014, Atal ji was honored with the country’s highest honor Bharat Ratna. These honors were given on 25 December of his birth by Rastrapati Pranab Mukherjee at his residence. For Atal ji, for the first time a President broke the protocol and went home to give respect.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh – Atal ji is called as Bhishma Pitamah of Indian Politics.
- Atal bihari Vajpayee ji is most successful prime minister till today.